Monday, November 19, 2012

Bohemia By Veronika Carnaby

Title: Bohemia

Author: Veronika Carnaby

Publish date: 9/12/2012













Summary Goodreads:

In her debut novel, Veronika Carnaby picks up where the Beat Generation left off. Set in 1960, Bohemia chronicles a group of twenty-somethings who defy the "ideals" of a mid-twentieth century society to seek creative fulfillment. In the process, they spotlight the creative path that artists of all mediums tread, all the while depicting the challenges faced by youth in the decade that changed the world.

My thoughts/review:

This book is about a bunch of friends who party and come of age in the 60s. The main character is V. She goes through all of these adventures and changes with her friends. I don't really know much about the 60s, but I guess this is how I would envision life in the 60s would be like. Sometimes I was confused as to what was happening in the story. To me, this group of friends reminds me of today's version of hipsters. This book isn't what I usually read since I can't relate to that decade, but if you are a fan of 60s culture or want to have an idea of that decade then you would enjoy this book.



No comments:

Post a Comment