Sunday, January 20, 2013

Review: Data, A Love Story: How I Gamed Online Dating to Meet My Match by Amy Webb

Title: Data, A Love Story: How I Gamed Online Dating to Meet My Match

Author: Amy Webb

Publisher: Dutton Adult

Pub date: 1/31/13

Source: Edelweiss






Summary from Goodreads:

Forty million people date online each year. Most don’t find true love. Thanks to Data, a Love Story, their odds just got a whole lot better.

Data, A Love Story: How I Gamed Online Dating to Meet My Match is a lively, thought-provoking memoir about how one woman “gamed” the world of online dating—and met her eventual husband.
My thoughts/review:

I found out about this book from Oprah magazine. I'm glad I found it.This was really good. Even though I knew the happy ending was coming, I was still rooting for Amy throughout the story. She felt like a friend talking about her many dating woes until she found her husband. This was fabulous. I laughed and almost cried. My favorite parts were the bad dates and when she met her husband. The dates were so terrible that they were funny. I was reading and talking back to the book. That's when you know a book is truly good.

1 comment:

  1. I hadn't heard of this one before, but I definitely want to check it out now. I know exactly what you mean about talking back to the book. I do that all the time when I'm really into a good book! Great review!

    ReplyDelete