Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Book Reveiw: The Hopefuls by Jennifer Close

The Hopefuls

Jennifer Close

Publish date: July 19, 2016













My Review:

I think Jennifer Close is becoming one of my favorite authors. I saw this book at my library and didn't know what to expect. I thought it would just be about politics because the setting is in Washington but no it's much more than that. Beth moves from New York to Washington to support her husband Matt because he has a passion for politics and likes to campaign. This story shows what challenges they face as a young married couple living in a new city. I felt like Beth was very relatable. She felt like a real person. Beth likes to watch reality tv with her best friend and she's trying to find her way in a different city than she's used to. They make friends with another couple and some things start happening that changes Beth and Matt's life. This story was very interesting and entertaining. I've never been to Washington but I felt like this book gave me a taste of what its like to be there. There were themes of self-actualization, family, fidelity, politics, and friendships.

No comments:

Post a Comment