Saturday, October 15, 2011

Book Review: Mai Tai One by Jill Marie Landis


Publisher: Bell Bridge Books (8/24/2011)
Source: NetGalley
Genre: Mystery
Summary from Goodreads:
Six months ago, if anyone would have told Em Johnson she'd end up divorced, broke, and running the dilapidated Tiki Goddess Bar on the magical North Shore of Kauai she would have told them to shove a swizzle stick up their okole.

As if all that isn't bad enough, when an obnoxious neighbor with a grudge is found dead in the Goddess luau pit, suspicion falls on Em and the rest of the Goddess staff. With the help of a quirky dance troupe of over-the-hill Hula Maidens, Em and the cast of characters must ban together to find the killer and solve the mystery before the next pupu party.
My Review:
This is the first book in the Tiki Goddess series. This is the first time I've read a book based in Hawaii. I liked it. This story was something different. I felt like I was on The Island sipping on a Mai Tai. This book has it all: a little romance, a little murder and the Hawaiian atmosphere. This is the type of book that you can read and it makes you feel like you are on a vacation. My favorite characters were the Hula Maidens because they were "I Love Lucy" or a "Golden Girls" type of funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment