Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Book Review: Vows, Vendettas and a Little Black Dress by Kyra Davis


Summary:
 In Vows, Vendettas and a Little Black Dress by Kyra Davis, we meet up with Sophie, Dena and Maryanne celebrating Maryanne's engagement to her boyfriend. Since this is a Sophie Katz novel, somebody mysteriously gets shot which means that Sophie will want to find out who done it and why (with a coffee beverage in hand, of course) whether she gets help or not. Leah, her sister, Marcus, the witty gay hairstylist, Maryanne, Dena's childlike cousin, and Anatoly, Sophie's boyfriend are all here to help make this book entertaining and fun as only a Sophie Katz novel can be. 


My Review:
 This is book 5 in the Sophie Katz series. Sophie is still with Anatoly and she is still crazy, but I like a little crazy. I was shocked that Dena got shot. Under the circumstances, we got  to meet Dena's parents and why she is the way she is. It was very interesting. The way the book is written even if you haven't read all of the series, you can get caught up with the characters. It was a good book overall. I couldn't put it down. I know Anatoly is the love interest and he's fine and everything, but he's starting to get on my nerves. They are starting to fight like Ron and Sammi from the Jersey Shore. He's still a stranger to Sophie and she knows it. I think she needs a new boy toy. The end cliffhanger was very good which means there will be another book coming. I think it's going to be juicy. I personally think that this series should be a TV show or movie. It has romance, action, and drama. It was a fabulous read as usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment